How to Prepare Vegan Sesame Lime Mason-Jar Salad
Everyone who has tried to lose their weight, must be knowing by now that meal prep should always be their priority. And so the ideal way to do so is to have a healthy meal on hand, that will help you to lose your obesity. Sadly, the cliched Tupperware approach must have got you most often sad, seeing soggy greens on the plate- an inevitable result of veggies sitting in the dressing, just a little too long.
Mason-jar salad is so, an ideal recipe which call for dressing on the bottom, sog-resistant ingredients like carrots, mushrooms or beans in the middle and veggies and greens on the top.
This kind of layering always ensures that the vegetables stay fresh and dressing-free, until you mix everything in a bowl before your office lunch- something a Tupperware container can’t claim.
The mason-jar salad recipe given below is made of nutrient packed, satisfying ingredients and it’s really a great to grab and go while leaving for office in the morning.
Mason-jar salads are ideal lunch time delicacy that can make you lose a few pounds this year.
Sesame Lime Mason Jar Salad
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoon almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 fresh red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 fresh celery stalk (sliced)
- 1 baby carrot (sliced)
- 1/4 cup chickpeas (cooked)
- 1/3 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together and pour it in the bottom of a large wide mouthed mason jar.
- Add the rest of the ingredients as in the ordered listed above.
- Cap the Mason Jar and store it in the refrigerator overnight, until it is ready to eat.
- When the salad is ready to eat season it with salt and pepper before savoring the recipe.
This salad stays fresh for at least 7 days.
Eating a veg Mason Jar salad on the weekdays is the best thing ever, that you can have for keeping yourself in shape. While prepping Mason Jar salad can be a pain, but once you taste it, it’s definite 100 percent worth the efforts any day.