Delicious Stuffed Baked Pomfret Fish
If the soup does not sound interesting and you can’t stand another preparation of chicken, check out the recipe of fantastic Stuffed Baked Pomfret that is rich in protein, full of heart-healthy omega-3s, and obviously easy to prepare. The seawater fish is extremely delicious and nutritious at the same time. Stuffed Baked Pomfret basically evolves from Parsi Cuisine and in due course, it’s been customised to cater to the different taste buds. But, before we go further with the recipe, here’s a peek into the nutritional benefits of Pomfret fish.
- Pomfret is low in calories and fat
- The rich protein of Pomfret fish reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease
- The high amount of Omega 3 fatty acids of Pomfret supplies DHA( an essential component for brain development) to your body
Ingredients for Marinating Pomfret
To prepare Stuffed Baked Pomfret, you need two level of marination. Here’s a step-by-step guide of the entire marination process.
For First Marination:
- Salt – ½ tsp.
- Lemon Juice – 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper – ½ teaspoon
For Second Marination:
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Tandoori Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 tablespoon
Stuffing for fish
The stuffing of the fish is one of the most important part of this recipe. Take a look below what all are needed to prepare an awesome stuffing.
- Poppy Seed – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Coriander leaves chopped – 1 cup
- Ginger Chili Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Green Chili – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
- White vinegar – teaspoon
- Olive Oil – for Brushing and Frying
Baked Pomfret recipe: The Method
- Wash and clean the Pomfret fishes and slowly use the knife to cut out pockets on the fish’s body. Separate the main bone out of its body
- Marinate the pieces with the ingredients given in the first marination and keep it aside for 10-15 minutes. It will help releasing the water out of the body
- Drain extra water and marinate again with the ingredients for second marination. Keep it for another 20 mins
- Now gather all the stuffing ingredients and blend them to create a smooth and thick paste. Add little water, if the paste is too thick
- Once it’s ready, fill the fish pockets with the stuffing
- Now grease a tray and place the marinated fishes over carefully
- Preheat the oven at 200 dg Centigrade and bake it for 20 minutes
And it’s done…
A Tip for Taste…
Shallow fry the Pomfret fish using olive oil, as it helps making your Stuffed Baked Pomfret crunchy and more scrumptious.