Savour Easy Poached Ginger Chicken
Looking for healthy chicken recipes that are easy to cook but don’t lack in the flavour and aroma department? We highly recommend this Easy Poached Ginger Chicken recipe! Fresh and delicious, this is one of healthiest chicken recipe easy you’ll ever get your hands on!
This Ginger Chicken recipe is inspired by healthful Asian cooking style. It is one of the best chicken items that are served as a light and flavourful summer-style salad.
- 500gm Chicken Breast, boneless
- 1 inch piece Ginger, peeled
- 1 small Shallot
- 4 tbsp Peanut Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 small Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 small Radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 Beets, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Watercress, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Asian Chili Sauce like Sambal Oelek, Sriracha or Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Place the whole chicken breasts in a medium sized pot, cover with just enough water and bring to a gentle simmer. Add salt as per taste. Cook until the chicken is firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, plunge into a bowl of ice-cold water to prevent over-cooking, or the meat will become chewy and tough.
- In a small bowl, grate the ginger and shallot. Stir in 3 tablespoons peanut oil, the sesame oil and 1/4 teaspoon each sugar and salt.
- Toss the cucumber and radishes with the chili sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt, the remaining 1 tablespoon peanut oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon sugar in a large bowl. Add the watercress and toss.
- Slice the chicken thinly and toss into the salad. Top with ginger mixture and drizzle with the lime juice.
Toss everything well together and serve immediately.