This Monsoon: Soothe Your Cold with Roasted Corn and Cheese Soup
The age old recommendation “Starve a Cold” doesn’t really work when the condition is essentially triggered by the monsoon rains. The conventional quick cures do not provide any good relief, because the chronic cold seems to relapse soon after you step outsidein the rains. The best way is to find respite in the foods of rainy season that will soothe your sore throat and also provide you a perfect gastronomic delight. So, keeping these things in mind, the recipe gurus at Careclues have come up with some of the exotic soup recipes. And today, we will start with the most happening recipes of our list- Roasted Corn and Cheese Soup.
Take a look at the ingredients and preparation of this classic monsoon food that will simply make your day. Trust us, it will also calm your cold and coughs.
These are the most common ingredients used in any foods of rainy season and we made it sure that these products are easily available in the market. After all, you want to prepare this exotic delicacy at your home only. Right? So here we go.
- Chop the “half” of a big Onion
- 6 Ears of Corn Kernels
- 4 tablespoons of Butter
- 15 ounces of Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Flour
- 4 cups of Vegetables Stock
- Salt and Pepper according to your taste
- 2 tablespoons of Saffola
If you already have the ingredients at your access, check out this preparation here.It’s among our most preferred foods of rainy season.
- Pour Saffola Oil in a pan and add the corn kernels
- Pour vegetable stock and pulp in it and whip it with the help of hand blender
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in another pan
- Add 1tablespoonof chopped onion and 1 tablespoon of flour
- Cook it for few minutes
- Add Roux in corn pan and then stir well
- Add rest of the vegetable stalk and put it on simmer for sometime
- Season with salt and pepper and grated cheese
- Let simmer a few minutes.
Once done, garnish the soup with chives and serve hot.
We bet, your monsoon woes will subside soon and your sore throat will receive a quick relief.Roasted corn is a great potion for common cold, but when you have it in soup the taste simply doubles up.