Mexican Fried Ice Cream Recipe
Ice Cream and that too fried! Isn’t it something that you are hearing for the first time? Or may be the second or third? Not more than that, I am sure. Because, fried ice cream is not something that you eat every day. But the Mexican fried Ice Cream is one such thing that not only keeps you slobbering, but also gives you enough reasons to love it a little more every time you eat it.
Mexican fried Ice Cream comes with its endless options of creativity. But, no matter what’s the flavour, it surely tastes decadent. Also, it does not take a whole lot of ingredients to prepare this extraordinary gastronomic delight.
Per se, this yummy and elegant dessert is incredibly easy to make and we want you to have it- the way you like.
So, here we have the over-the-top Mexican fried Ice Cream recipe in short.
- 5 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted or salted butter
- 1 (1.5 qt.) container of light ice cream
Optional serving suggestions:
- Drizzled honey or melted chocolate
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Melted chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Fresh berries
- Fresh or jarred cherries
- Stuff cornflakes in a large re-sealable plastic bag. Seal the bag tightly and crush cornflakes with a flat mallet until you get fine crumbs.
- In a medium sized skillet, melt enough butter over medium-high heat. Stir the crunchy cornflakes in the melted butter with cinnamon. Cook for 3-4 minutes,until they turn golden brown and fragrant. Once done, pour the mixture into a shallow dish and allow it to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from freezer. Now scoop enough ice cream to create several round baseball-sized balls and place on the baking sheet. Roll these into cornflake mixture and make sure that these are evenly coated by the cornflakes crunch.
Once done, serve immediately with the desired toppings.
I know how much you are head over heels for such heavenly fried ice cream. Trust me, you are missing out one of the awesome dessert, if you haven’t tried it yet. And to make you drool more over it, I have a simple piece of advice on why having a fried ice cream is important.
Benefits of eating deep fried ice-cream
- Ice cream is a rich source of Vitamin A, B, C, D and E
- Every scoop of ice cream is rich with healthy minerals
- The awesome taste of crunchy and fried ice cream stimulates creative thinking
Isn’t it enough to savour the taste buds with a large bowl of Mexican fried Ice Cream? It surely does.
So what are you waiting for? Beat the heat- Pamper your taste buds with this awesome recipe right away.