Chocolate cake recipe – Healthy & light
There is nothing more sinfully delicious than chocolate cake. Rich, indulgent and gooey, we have for you a healthy chocolate cake recipe that is low in calories but absolutely mouth-watering!
To make this cake ‘healthier’ we will replace butter with peanut butter, use natural sugar, and substitute ordinary cocoa powder with cacao powder — a ideal source of all the good stuff such as antioxidants, vitamins, flavanoids, and not to forget, magnesium. What’s better, you replace whole-milk with yogurt and cut back on empty calories.
Ingredients for chocolate cake recipe:
1 cup Pastry Flour or All Purpose Flour
1 cup Natural Sugar
60 gm unsweetened Peanut Butter, melted
60 gm Yogurt of your choice
5 tbsp Cacao Powder (though you may use unsweetened cocoa powder, if desired)
1 tsp Baking powder
1/ 2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla Essence
3/ 4 cup Water
30 gm Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C and grease an 8 inch baking tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, chocolate chips (if using), salt and sugar. Mix well together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the peanut better, yogurt, water and vanilla essence and whisk well together until the ingredients combine.
- Mix all the ingredients and combine well.
- Get the greased pan ready and dispense the liquid into it. Bake for around 20 minutes, or until the cake rises.
- Let the cake sit for a few hours and serve it warm with a hot beverage.
Tip: To check if the cake is baked properly, insert a toothpick in the center, if it emerges clean, the cake is ready.